Discover Our Products
Thinking beyond boundaries, embracing strategic partnerships and discovering ideal solutions.
The CRV7 is the leading 2.75”, 70mm unguided rocket system available today. Over 800,000 CRV7 rocket motors have been produced for 13 nations globally.
The system includes rocket motors, launchers and warheads in various models, depending upon mission objectives. With 99% reliability, more than 800,000 CRV7 rocket motors have been produced for 13 nations around the world.
- Superior accuracy
- Greater stand-off distances
- Higher kinetic energy (fixed-wing / helicopter)
- Rocket motors, launchers and warheads in various models
The CRV7 Rocket System (Unguided) is available in two versions:
CRV7-PG (Precision Guided)
Magellan Aerospace also offers a guided rocket weapon system.
CRV7-PG meets the requirement for a low-cost precision weapon the fills the gap between unguided 2.75 inch rockets and more expensive precision weapons such as Hellfire.
CRV7-PG will be useful in a direct and indirect role against a variety of targets.
The CRV7-PG system provides:
- Increased performance against other guided 2.75” systems
- Additional energy to similar rocket motors
- Longer and higher accuracy
- Less guidance input during initial launch phase
Black Brant is a solid propellant rocket system in single and multistage configurations.
Since 1962 more than 1,000 Black Brants have been launched with a vehicle success rate above 98%. It is the most reliable, cost-effective and available sounding rocket to carry experiments to the fringes of space.
- Payloads of 70-850kg
- Altitudes of 150km to more than 1500km
- Launched from conventional boom rails or 4 fin towers
- Provides up to 20 minutes of time for micro-gravity experiments, aurora studies, deep space observations and other extraterrestrial research
- Comprehensive range of vehicle/payload designs and fabrication
Support Services / Facilities:
- Mission feasibility and definition
- Payload / hardware design and fabrication
- Experiment integration
- Environmental testing
- Mission Analysis
- Launch services and range crew support
- Project management
Excalibur is the highest performing rocket motor in its class.
The Excalibur rocket motor is designed to interface with dart payloads for scientific and tactical ballistic missile target training applications. Excalibur is simple to adopt as capable of interfacing directly with existing 10D or 12A dart payloads, and is compatible with many existing spiral launch rails.
Excalibur uses a solid propellant formulation that is able to achieve high initial thrust.
Many of the characteristics found in the company’s family of Black Brant suborbital rockets. These flight proven technologies provide for a stable and reliable rocket motor design.
Excalibur Rocket Motor Features:
- Highest performing meteorological rocket in its class
- Reliable and stable design
- Interfaces with existing dart configurations and spiral launch rails
Magellan designs and manufactures booster motors for unmanned aerial reconnaissance vehicles.
Magellan’s CL-289 booster motor was produced for the German and French armed Forces. More than 3,500 motors were delivered, and not a single motor failure was reported.
Magellan received a contract from the US Army to qualify a booster motor for the MQM-107 aerial target.
Magellan manufactures various missile fins and control surfaces.
Our combination of special materials and expert processes result in the resistance of the wide thermal vibration loads experienced during acceleration.
- Vacuum brazing
- Welding of complex honeycomb structures using nickel / titanium alloys and molybdenum
- Dorsal fins for the Raytheon Standard Missile (most recently the SM-6 variant)
- Control surfaces for AMRAAM missile
- Wings, elevons, ventral and dorsal fins for the Lockheed Martin RATTLRS program
Magellan performs precision machining of extremely complex and tight tolerance missile waveguide seeker components and housings.
Our integrated assembly manages heat treatment and electron beam welding processes through to completion.
Magellan is one of very few organizations licensed to machine aluminum beryllium for achieving lighter weight and higher thermal stability.
- Booster housing for the MDBA Aster 30 missile
- Fuse housing for the Raytheon Paveway IV laser guided bomb
- Brimstone Missile VCO seeker and oscillator assembly
- TOW 2B seeker housing
- APACHE AH64D Fire Control Systems Components
Magellan has developed a variety of satellite busses to meet science, technology demonstrations and operational LEO mission requirements.
Our engineering team performs a full range of mission activities:
- Feasibility studies
- Concept designs to detailed designs
- Manufacturing Assembly Integration and Test
- Launch and Operations support
Magellan has provided the Canadian Space Agency and MacDonald Dettwiler & Associates with flexible small satellite busses to meet their mission needs.
Developed for the CSA to support scientific measurements in the earth’s stratosphere and troposphere to advance scientist’s understanding of ozone depletion, particularly above Canada and the Arctic region.
Developed for MDA and CSA to support the demonstration of a data store and forward instrument (Cascade) and scientific measurements in the earth’s ionosphere to advance scientist’s understanding of Solar Wind interactions with the Magnetic field.
Magellan is into the detailed design phase of CSA’s latest RADARSAT Constellation Mission (RCM) which will comprise of 3 satellites operating in LEO and provide Synthetic Aperture Radar imagery of earth.